November 3, 2011

Review: Wallbanger by Sable Jordan

Author - Sable Jordan
Genre - Erotica Thriller
Series - Kizzy Baldwin Series #2
Format - eBook (187p.)
Rating - 4/5 stars

A relic from the Cold War that shouldn’t even exist….

After being Shaken and Stirred, secret agent Kizzie Baldwin is again thrust into a world she knows nothing about, and learning on the fly from a teacher she can’t trust. The objective is the same: secure Intel on Formula 3-19. But to do that, she has to give the nefarious Dom, Xander Duquesne, exactly what he wants first.

He’s still not her Master. But she will call him ‘Sir’!


• Review •
Love, love, love Wallbanger! It's intense and gritty and edgy. Kizzy and Xander are, by far, my most favorite non-couple of the year. I had a blast reading this story. The plot was so believable, Ms. Jordans writing voice is perfect, the places were described in vivid detail without being overly wordy. Loved. It.

The characters for the most part are the same cast from Shaken & Stirred. With some new faces added. Characterization is great! But, there were a lot of characters, and we were in the heads of almost every one of them at least once. It made for some busy reading that kind of had me loosing interest when not dealing with the main characters. I was tempted to do some skimming, but was worried I'd miss some vital piece of information. Thankfully those parts didn't last very long though so I just stuck with it. And I'm glad I did.

Even though the plot was busy, and there was a lot of character "mind-hopping", it was easy to follow. I knew who I was with and what was happening and where I was within the main story. I never suffered moments of confusion. It did create some sluggishness in the middle, but the action picked up again at the end.

Overall, Wallbanger is a great book. The only reason I'm not giving it 5+ stars is because I would have preferred less side characters and more Kizzy and Xander! Maybe Phil too with his own little chickadee! Anyway, like I said in my review of Shaken & Stirred, even though this is labeled an erotic thriller… there really is a story here, and it is turning out to be my favorite series of the year.

If you haven't read the first book in the series yet, I highly recommend that you do so before reading this one as it is not a stand-alone. And I emphatically recommend reading Wallbanger to fans of thrillers, erotica, BDSM, and exciting edge-of-your-seat reads!

★★★★

• Favorite Quote •
"Listen, slick. Im guessing you dont speak Russian or Japanese, so we're down to English, French and snark." [Kizzy]
≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈
He didnt need this right now. He had a stiff cock, an insubordinate sub, and a pain in the ass for a best friend—And a stiff cock. [Xander]
≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈
The image of Phil in hooker heels was a bright spot in an otherwise emotionally dreary evening, and she laughed. [Kizzy]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^