November 10, 2011

Review: Come Monday by Mari Carr

Author - Mari Carr
Genre - Erotica
Series - Wild Irish #1
Format - eBook (138p.)
Rating - 2/5 stars

Monday's child is fair of face…After the death of her mother years prior, Keira Collins became a surrogate parent to her six younger brothers and sisters, her own dreams put on hold. At twenty-seven, she's finally pursuing a college degree. Between classes, working at the family pub and still tending to siblings, she's no time for romance. So why is she spending all her rare free time fantasizing about hot Professor Wallace bending her over his desk?

Will Wallace recognizes Keira's unfulfilled desires, her habit of hiding her beauty, her obsessive need to command every aspect of her life. But Will has needs of his own-and they run far darker than Keira's. As he initiates her into his lifestyle, offering sweet punishments and sweeter rewards, Will's sexual authority slowly strips away some of her precious control. The one thing Keira's not ready to relinquish…


• Review •
This wasn't my favorite read. While there was some really good things, the bad far out-weighed them. The best part of Come Monday is the writing. That was the main point that kept me turning the pages. Although, at 67% on my kindle, I was highly tempted to DNF. But after the 50% mark I refuse to be a cop-out and, no matter what, I will finish what I'm reading.

My biggest beef with Come Monday was the characters. They were the most TSTL people ever! To say I hated them would be a gross understatement. Props to Carr for creating characters that are believable enough as to get such a passionate reaction from me, whether of love or hate. But, that point also had an adverse reaction on the rest of the story too.

I couldn't care less about the main characters. The sex scenes were lukewarm, the scenes between Keira and her family were unbelievable. And worst of all, even though the characters were given decent backstories, they weren't described very well visually. I kept imagining cardboard cut-outs knockin' boots…

Overall, I didn't like Come Monday, but I did like Mari Carr's writing. I plan on reading her again, and probably a book within this series. I'm happy that I found a new author to try. I'm hoping that the characters in the rest of the series are more likable, because I can definitely see Ms. Carr gracing my Keeper Shelf in that case.

★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^