August 13, 2012

Review: Return To Pearl Island, Bonus Chapters by Julie Ortolon

Author - Julie Ortolon
Genre - Contemporary
Series - Pearl Island Trilogy
Format - Ebook (103p. on Nook)
Rating - 2.5/5 stars

Dear Reader,

This ebook is my gift to fans of the Pearl Island trilogy who own the stories in print. When I released Falling for You, Lead Me On, and Don't Tempt Me as ebooks, I added a bonus chapter to each one so fans can see what’s happening today at the Pearl Island Inn.

If you haven’t read the series, this ebook can read as three short stories to give you a taste of this award-winning series. Titles include Falling for You, Lead Me On, and Don't Tempt Me.

Best,
Julie Ortolon

• Review •
This book was a cute revisit to Pearl Island, but kind of unnecessary in my opinion. I really liked revisiting Rory and Chance. Their story was the most interesting and enjoyable. I gave them 4 stars. For Allison and Scott I felt the story was enjoyable but unimportant. Kind of boring honestly. I gave that one 3 stars though. For Jackie and Adrian's part of the book, I was very disappointed. All the facts were skewed (son was 5 at the top of the stairs, then 6 at the bottom… Rory was a redhead then a blond in about the same amount of time, year's between the main stories and the bonus chapters were inaccurate, etc.) I really disliked the final installment in this book, so I gave it 1.5 stars.

So, like I said in the beginning, this book is rather unnecessary. Maybe had I liked the series better as a whole, I may have enjoyed these bonus chapters more, but I just found them to be a waste of time. I don't recommend them, even if you've read the other books in the series.

★★½

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^