July 21, 2012

Review: Niko's Stolen Bride by Lindy Corbin

Author - Lindy Corbin
Genre - Contemporary
Series - N/A
Format - eBook (146p.)
Rating - 4/5 stars

Faced with the fiasco of her cancelled wedding, Kara wants to hide from the world while her heart heals. A day trip aboard the yacht leased for the honeymoon cruise sounds like the perfect escape. If only the captain hadn’t turned out to be the man she’d practically begged to kiss her after her failed bachelorette party. A rebound relationship with the handsome Greek should be the furthest thing from her mind, shouldn’t it?

Niko Maragos has spent more time in meetings than on the decks of his family’s ships in recent years, but after he dances with Kara, he’s eager to captain the yacht to Key West. To ensure that she can’t return to her ex-fiancĂ©, he steals her away. His plan to get Kara in his bed seems fail-proof, until pirates attack…


• Review •
I enjoyed Niko's Stolen Bride a lot. Aside from a few spelling errors, it was a well told story that pulled me in and got under my skin. There was a nice humorous tone, it was understated and sweet, one that worked very well in this book. Lindy Corbin is an author I look forward to reading more of in the future. Niko and Kara were decent characters too, if a bit immature. Niko could be overbearing at times, but there were moments where he was incredibly sweet and tender, especially at the end that ultimately won me over. Kara was a character I could empathize with for the most part, but there was a scene at the end I found to be rather degrading and pathetic though.

"Please, Niko, give us a chance. I'll move to Greece to be near you. We can learn to be friends, date, move in together. I'll do whatever you want, whenever you're ready." -Kara (p.143 on Nook)

Overall, this was a great book. (It even drew some misty-eyed moments out of me at the end!) I loved the descriptiveness of the Bahamas and the yachts. I could picture everything so clearly! Made the book feel like an escape to one of my islands that I hold so dear. Like going home. I'd say 55% of my grade is based on nostalgia. But Niko's Stolen Bride is a great read that is perfect to enjoy in a lazy afternoon… quick, easy and satisfying. I recommend this book to those looking for a quick escape read that takes you to tropical lands, and a romance that focuses less on sex and more on falling in love. ♥

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^