January 5, 2012

Review: All I Want For Christmas by Liliana Hart

Author - Liliana Hart
Genre - Contemporary
Series - N/A
Format - Ebook (105p.)
Rating - 1/5 stars

Naughty or Nice
A blizzard leaves Kate Carson stranded in Chicago on Christmas Eve. When she finds she’s without a place to stay for the night, billionaire Derek Worth tempts her with an offer she can’t refuse, and she finds out it’s a lot easier to stay warm being naughty instead of nice.

A MacKenzie Christmas
Grant MacKenzie is ready to settle down and start a family. The only problem is the one woman he’s interested in doesn’t seem to be ready for the long haul. But fate lends Grant a helping hand in getting exactly what he wants under his Christmas tree.


• Review •
Since this book had two short stories in it, I'll review each seperately, then the book as a whole. First up is NAUGHTY OR NICE. While it started out great with good writing and decent descriptions, it quickly went downhill. Kate and Derek meet and it was at that point I should have cut my losses and walked away. But I didn't… The plot was weak and lame, the characters were TSTL, the dialog was okay though. There was spelling and editing errors. And I find it hard to believe no one caught the name mistake…

The twist at the end infuriated me. And, unfortunately, it's not the first time I've seen it. And then after that epicfail the story gets dragged on longer. I'm upset with myself for reading this one…



The second story up is A MACKENZIE CHRISTMAS. This one was just slightly better than the first. The only point that made it more enjoyable was the humorous moments. The characters were okay aside from Annabeth and Grant who were TSTL. But Annabeth has the added bonus of being depressing. Yay me.

The ending was so unbelievably lame, cheesy and corny. Like with the first story, I should have walked away. *Headdesk*

★½



Overall, I was highly disappointed with myself for reading ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, even though there was HEA's all around, I wasn't happy at all. I felt the best points in both stories was the pacing and dialog. But it's not good enough to recommend based on that, this book is a waste of time, even if it is short.

2 comments:

  1. ICK! I have this one I just couldn't bring myself to read it. Kind of glad I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it was quick and free lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^