December 22, 2011

Review: It Must Be Love by Rachel Gibson

Author - Rachel Gibson
Genre - Contemporary
Series - N/A
Format - Paperback (371p.)
Rating - ♥ 5/5 stars ♥
Read an excerpt

Undercover cop Joe Shanahan's bad luck hit bottom the morning he stared up into the face of sexy suspect Gabrielle Breedlove. She'd blown his cover---brought him down with a can of hairspray---and now his new assignment was to pose as her boyfriend. But spending as much time as possible with the utterly irresistible New Age beauty caused unexpected complications. To make matters worse, his matchmaking sisters are picking out china patterns.

Joe's brooding good looks and T-shirt-straining muscles might be easy on the eyes, but how could Gabrielle be attracted to a straight-laced detective who's determined to find evidence to arrest her? Still, he invades her dreams and when they share a transcendent lovemaking experience, Gabrielle knows it must be love.


• Review •
OMG! I loved IT MUST BE LOVE so hard! The pacing was good, the plot was totally believable. There was a slight moment during the conflict at the end where I came close to deducting a point but in the end I didn't. It was when Gabrielle sat by the phone waiting for Joe to call… but that was her and expected so no point deducting for it. And I have to say that the conflict had me worried that there wouldn't be a HEA. I know, I had a brainfart, what can I say?

I love, love, love Joe! He's perfect. Sweet, considerate, sexy. He certainly qualifies for my book boyfriend! Gabrielle is another story… she's a kook. Strange, high-strung, over-reactive, dramatic, ditzy, and not very bright. But she seems perfect for Joe, so I couldn't really nitpick on her. And her personality lends to most of the comedic moments in the story… at least she wasn't annoying or TSTL for me. The romance between Joe and Gabrielle was great. It came off naturally with lots of sexual tension adding to the believability.

Overall, everything about IT MUST BE LOVE was excellent. It was a fun, sexy, well-written book that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was left with the happy vibes from an emotionally satisfying read! Definitely a new favorite that I highly recommend. Rachel Gibson is probably my most favorite author and this book is one of the many reasons why! Happy reading, everyone!

♥★★★★★♥

• Favorite Quotes •
He looked into her green eyes and thought he detected a glint of humor, but he wasn't sure. It could just as easily be a spark of dementia.
≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈
Joe certainly didn't seem concerned with his own enlightenment, but he did seem more intelligent than the average muscle neck. Then he raised his arm, bent his head, and sniffed his pit.
≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈ ♥ ≈
Joe radiated raw, masculine energy and was about as calming as a nuclear blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^