October 25, 2012

Review: Resisting Cupid by Carol Rose

Author - Carol Rose
Genre - Contemporary Romance
Series - N/A
Format - Ebook (22p.)
Rating - 2/5 stars

Emma reluctantly returns to Cupid, Texas, stealing time from her career as a television journalist, to be her high school best friend's maid of honor. The four months of her brief, youthful marriage to Tucker, her high school boyfriend, had been fiery in lots of ways. She can't quite forget his kisses, even though she's tried. To her chagrin, she sees Tucker at the wedding rehearsal since his brother is the groom. Just as hot as he was before, Tucker's still the hunky guy she married right out of high school, but now he's a medical doctor. Emma's shocked to discover they're still married. She'd thought Tucker took care of the matter, but he tells her he never got a divorce. They're still married and Tucker isn't sure he wants a divorce. He still has feelings for Emma.

She has to decide if the flames between her and her husband deserve another shot.

• Review •
RESISTING CUPID didn't do it for me, unfortunately. It wasn't that it was badly written or anything, it was just very bland. I couldn't sympathize with the characters because they weren't really fleshed out. I didn't know them or get what their problem(s) were, so I just didn't care about them or their happiness. I also struggled understanding what the big deal from their past was that was so bad that it caused them to separate in the first place.

Oh well. At 22 pages and free, I can't really complain. Like I said, this wasn't a bad book, just pretty bland and a little too flat for my tastes. If it had been a full length or novella where there was more room to expand on the past conflict and back stories of the characters and current growth and fixing what was wrong/had happened, RESISTING CUPID probably would have been knocked out of the ballpark. Coulda, shoulda, woulda…

Cover musings:

This isn't the same cover as the one I have on my copy, but I much prefer this lighter one. Still cheesy looking but at least it isn't dark like my copy.

★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^